Residential Program Manager
Grande Prairie, Alberta
About the Opportunity
Are you energetic, superbly organized and capable of directing and mentoring four directly reporting Team Leaders (3 Area and 1 behavioural Support) and 135 employees responsible for Residential client support in 8 facilities across 6 communities?
We require someone broadly experienced in Human Services (or a related field) to take the position of Residential Program Manager for multiple 24-hour residential sites throughout the Grande Prairie and Peace River, AB area.
This is a high-activity, hands-on, working supervisory position supporting individuals with developmental difficulties and/or complex behavioural needs in 24 hour residential settings.
Key challenges include:
- Working in rural communities lacking the resources of urban population centres;
- Working within budgets;
- Creating/maintaining positive relationships with funders and community partners as well as clients, client guardians, parents and/or other client-related stakeholders to meet and exceed:
- client needs, and
- ASLS, funder, and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) standards;
- Assisting with administrative tasks, maintaining high quality documentation and reporting related to client files and staff management;
- Being highly involved in recruiting clientele and in developing transition plans;
- Mentoring capable and motivated, but sometimes inexperienced, employees.
Please note that travel throughout the region is steadily required in this position, and that the position requires the successful candidate to be on-call 24/7. Travel is a large part of this role (>50%) so flexibility for scheduling and travel time is important. Successful candidate may be based in either Grande Prairie or Peace River area.
Successful candidates will ideally have (not required but helpful):
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Human Services, Social Work, Criminal Justice or the equivalent;
- Five (5) or more years experience working with persons with complex needs.
- Solid experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Sensitivity, tact and diplomacy required to work with clients from diverse backgrounds, often with multiple diagnoses.
- Experience with Alberta funders.
- CARF Accreditation experience a plus.
Successful candidates must have:
- A clear RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check;
- A clear CFS Child and Intervention Records Check; and
- A valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with a reliable vehicle, insured in Alberta with $2,000,000 coverage.
In appreciation of your hard work and dedication, you can expect to be rewarded with a highly attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with the substantial experience and abilities we require in this position, including:
- Full Medical and Dental benefits;
- Group Life Insurance;
- Group Pension;
- Opportunities for professional development, including workshops and specialty training.
Relocation funding is negotiable.
Upon joining ASLS, you will be welcomed into a supportive and inclusive team. We greatly value the contributions of all our team members and are committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment, as well as opportunities for professional development and career progression.
If you're looking for a new and rewarding career and a change of scenery - Apply Now! Please note that applicants will only be contacted if they are being considered for an interview. We thank everyone who applies.
About the Organization
Established in 1969, Accredited Supportive Living Services Limited (ASLS), is an accredited, not-for-profit, charitable agency that provides a wide range of community and social services in Northwest Alberta. With a team of over 250, we provide quality services to individuals with diverse needs by encouraging opportunities for growth, development and community support.
We are an expanding organization and with the recent opening of our new Designated Supportive Living Complex in Grimshaw, Alberta, we provide additional assisted living services for seniors and non-seniors alike, living with chronic illness, dementia, or who simply require a greater level of care. ASLS is also excited about our new Saskatoon Lake Residential project! This property will assist individuals with developmental disabilities who have high behavioural and/or complex needs in a rural, safe setting.
For more information about ASLS, please visit our website www.aslslimited.org
Come and enjoy the natural splendour of Alberta's Northwest and build a truly rewarding career with us! Read on to discover the positive difference you can make to the community and the lives of others.
Don't miss this opportunity to take on a rewarding role with a well respected and accredited not-for-profit organization.
Enjoy a professional and rewarding career, help make a difference to people's lives, and enjoy a highly attractive salary and benefits package.